Mark Watton Posted Thursday at 02:03 PM Report Posted Thursday at 02:03 PM I severely overestimated how much bread I could sell to traders... The only one buying was the treasure hunter, and I only got 8 gears and had to eat the other 2 stacks of bread I made. 3
Teh Pizza Lady Posted Thursday at 03:39 PM Report Posted Thursday at 03:39 PM 1 hour ago, Mark Watton said: I severely overestimated how much bread I could sell to traders... The only one buying was the treasure hunter, and I only got 8 gears and had to eat the other 2 stacks of bread I made. yeah they have a limit they can buy at once. not to worry, they will reset after a time and will want to buy something new.
Mark Watton Posted Thursday at 04:40 PM Author Report Posted Thursday at 04:40 PM 1 hour ago, Teh Pizza Lady said: yeah they have a limit they can buy at once. not to worry, they will reset after a time and will want to buy something new. That dont help me sell my rotting bread, gurl. 1
Demoncyborg Posted Thursday at 05:18 PM Report Posted Thursday at 05:18 PM i used to rely on a survival goods trader like that for halite all the time!! defo look for one if you rely on bread for gears :3
Sparticus247 Posted Thursday at 05:56 PM Report Posted Thursday at 05:56 PM What I like to do is do a trade run week. Take a stack of flour of each type of bread they buy, and bring an oven with you. Bake it on site at each trader so it's nice and fresh. Want to get really fancy, make a little shack with cellar with raw materials of things they like to buy. Restock during each trade run week. 1 2
Sparticus247 Posted Thursday at 06:16 PM Report Posted Thursday at 06:16 PM 1 hour ago, Mark Watton said: That dont help me sell my rotting bread, gurl. That rotting bread turns into good compost. 2
Maelstrom Posted Thursday at 06:59 PM Report Posted Thursday at 06:59 PM 2 hours ago, Mark Watton said: That dont help me sell my rotting bread, gurl. But it does make a humorous story for a certain thread.
Teh Pizza Lady Posted Thursday at 07:08 PM Report Posted Thursday at 07:08 PM 8 minutes ago, Maelstrom said: But it does make a humorous story for a certain thread. The one where the blackguard eats everything and breaks down the doors? 1
Maelstrom Posted Thursday at 07:09 PM Report Posted Thursday at 07:09 PM Just now, Teh Pizza Lady said: The one where the blackguard eats everything and breaks down the doors? mmmmmaybe
Dilan Rona Posted Friday at 04:29 AM Report Posted Friday at 04:29 AM 10 hours ago, Sparticus247 said: What I like to do is do a trade run week. Take a stack of flour of each type of bread they buy, and bring an oven with you. Bake it on site at each trader so it's nice and fresh. Want to get really fancy, make a little shack with cellar with raw materials of things they like to buy. Restock during each trade run week. why didnt i think of that (slaps myself on the head)
Vratislav Posted Friday at 08:00 AM Report Posted Friday at 08:00 AM (edited) 14 hours ago, Sparticus247 said: What I like to do is do a trade run week. Yes, I call it shopping spree. Elk's bags full of bronze tool heads of all kinds (they are conveniently stackable), several stacks of leather and flax twine. When fancy, then also black leather, blue and brown linen. Clay, if in abundance. And all sellable stuff I just gathered, like aged crates, gemstones, clothes from ruins, whatever. Then, running around my 5-8 trusted traders in the neighborhood during two days. You can make desired tools and clothes/boots/aprons/linen sacks on demand. I do not bother with bread except I am sure that nearest traders will accept it. However, I usually do not return richer, as my bags are full of chandeliers, wallpapers and fancy stuff when I return. Edited Friday at 08:01 AM by Vratislav 1
Sparticus247 Posted Friday at 03:31 PM Report Posted Friday at 03:31 PM 7 hours ago, Vratislav said: Yes, I call it shopping spree. Elk's bags full of bronze tool heads of all kinds (they are conveniently stackable), several stacks of leather and flax twine. Oh yeah that is the way to do it. Just bring sticks and tool heads to keep that inventory space nice. It's nicer if you are playing with oceans and can sail like a Phoenician trader, but the elk is a godsend to make this really viable. Gives you a reason to build little outposts near each trader. Pickled cabbage and salted meat comes in handy keeping those places stocked with food. Leave a barrel of wine for the weary traveler. 1
Zaph42nd Posted Friday at 03:42 PM Report Posted Friday at 03:42 PM 7 hours ago, Vratislav said: Yes, I call it shopping spree. Elk's bags full of bronze tool heads of all kinds (they are conveniently stackable), several stacks of leather and flax twine. When fancy, then also black leather, blue and brown linen. Clay, if in abundance. And all sellable stuff I just gathered, like aged crates, gemstones, clothes from ruins, whatever. Then, running around my 5-8 trusted traders in the neighborhood during two days. You can make desired tools and clothes/boots/aprons/linen sacks on demand. I do not bother with bread except I am sure that nearest traders will accept it. However, I usually do not return richer, as my bags are full of chandeliers, wallpapers and fancy stuff when I return. Yep definitely the way to go rather than just stockpiling tools, I usually spend a few days in Fall and Spring exploring ruins for things to sell to traders (Better Ruins makes this a lot more fun as does playing malefactor since you can sell cracked vessels). Depending upon your class, might also be a good time in winter to use up whatever excess leather, twine, etc.. you might have for trading. As for buying, I can't resist buying more sleek doors, paintings, and wallpaper, makes your home a little more "homey" I suppose.... 1
Maelstrom Posted Friday at 08:45 PM Report Posted Friday at 08:45 PM The real money is buying cracked vessels from the treasure hunter and selling them to the commodities trader. With favorable buy/sell pricing one can fetch 10 or more gears per vessel! Then there's always the wolf pup trafficking ring too. Best money is selling reindeer herder clothing though. 1 1
ArgentLuna Posted Saturday at 01:13 AM Report Posted Saturday at 01:13 AM On 10/2/2026 at 5:08 AM, Teh Pizza Lady said: The one where the blackguard eats everything and breaks down the doors? There's good eating on a door 1
cjc813 Posted Sunday at 12:40 AM Report Posted Sunday at 12:40 AM Is this guy for real? Like 3-4 of the posts on the front page are from him. Calm down, son. It's not that deep
Teh Pizza Lady Posted Sunday at 03:01 AM Report Posted Sunday at 03:01 AM 2 hours ago, cjc813 said: Is this guy for real? Like 3-4 of the posts on the front page are from him. Calm down, son. It's not that deep leave him alone. He's having fun. Remember when you used to have fun and people came in and stepped all over your sand castle and it made you feel bad? 2
Recommended Posts