Steam

JonasXIII

30 minutes ago, JonasXIII said:

This has probably been answered elsewhere, but I was wondering if there are plans to add Vintage Story to the steam market place. 

First item on the FAQ page:  https://www.vintagestory.at/features/faq.html/  Short answer is 'someday maybe'.  It's not really mentioned in the FAQ, but another reason is that steam crowds can be pretty harsh, and you only get one chance to make a first impression.  There's a desire to get the game to a really good state of polish, before throwing it upon steam's tender mercies.  And it's not there yet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2020 at 10:14 PM, redram said:

First item on the FAQ page:  https://www.vintagestory.at/features/faq.html/  Short answer is 'someday maybe'.  It's not really mentioned in the FAQ, but another reason is that steam crowds can be pretty harsh, and you only get one chance to make a first impression.  There's a desire to get the game to a really good state of polish, before throwing it upon steam's tender mercies.  And it's not there yet.

IF Vintage Story will be available in future on steam, will we receive our steam keys?
I know 30% is bad, but i want to keep all my games in one place.

1 hour ago, Squall Leonhart said:

IF Vintage Story will be available in future on steam, will we receive our steam keys?

I don't know if there's any technical hurdles to that, but I'm pretty sure that Tyron would do that assuming it's possible, in the event the game becomes available on steam.  As Stroam kind of pointed out, the game is likely to be quite a bit more expensive if it does move to steam.   Part of steam's TOS is that you cannot charge less for the game anywhere else, and we already have a lot of players that say the game is a steal at the current price.  The price hasn't been raised in I think maybe 2 years or more.  It wouldn't surprise me if the price went up a bit in the near future, regardless of steam.  Not my decision though.

1 hour ago, Stroam said:

Are you willing to pay an extra 10 Euros to have the game in your steam library?

First of all, I would like to buy the game on vintagestory.at, and, as far as I know, the steam key generator is free. https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/keys

1 hour ago, redram said:

I don't know if there's any technical hurdles to that, but I'm pretty sure that Tyron would do that assuming it's possible, in the event the game becomes available on steam.  As Stroam kind of pointed out, the game is likely to be quite a bit more expensive if it does move to steam.   Part of steam's TOS is that you cannot charge less for the game anywhere else, and we already have a lot of players that say the game is a steal at the current price.  The price hasn't been raised in I think maybe 2 years or more.  It wouldn't surprise me if the price went up a bit in the near future, regardless of steam.  Not my decision though.

Thanks for the detailed answer

On 11/10/2020 at 9:02 AM, Squall Leonhart said:

I know 30% is bad, but i want to keep all my games in one place.

Are you willing to pay an extra 10 Euros to have the game in your steam library?

On 11/10/2020 at 12:01 PM, Squall Leonhart said:

First of all, I would like to buy the game on vintagestory.at, and, as far as I know, the steam key generator is free. https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/keys

Do you see what I'm getting at now?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/15/2020 at 9:14 PM, redram said:

There's a desire to get the game to a really good state of polish, before throwing it upon steam's tender mercies.  And it's not there yet.

This thread's old but I stumbled upon it and I absolutely cannot fathom this notion.

Steam is practically a heap of trash, there's an unfathomable amount of unfinished/early access titles on it, not to mention all the extremely poor quality games, most of which are "games" in name only. It's not like it's some kind of high pedigree gaming platform with strict greenlight procedures.

IMO VS needs as much publicity as it can get, because it's one of the most hidden gems kind of games I've ever played. Steam is a good way to do that because of its store algorithm recommendations and sales.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone was there, yes i read yours to allow VS to be available on steam and i think that would be a good option, because  i will say that i wanted to be able to this topic on the site , to be able to have resources on the transaction , the site gave me lack of funds for what is taking place, i think maybe , it has to be obligated, just to get informationabout what else is there, i'dont remember the last one converted the cash to check the currency , but that's my thought i am wrong, if i would he might have asked if anyone had a similar problem with buying the game, and how to go because the game is fun and i would buy it with a share,but so far i can't.Probably from Torrent 🙂 hihihi , I'm not interested in the oryginal, if only because of new updates and mechanics of all the game,regards

Edited by Maciek Maciejek

I understand why Tyron don't want to sell  game on steam, for me investing money in game development is better then sharing it with steam. But I heard few times about people having problems buying game, some resigned. Maybe keys can be sold in few more places with more variety of payment methods? like https://www.eneba.com/ or ebay or amazaon? Gog maybe?

17 hours ago, Irulana said:

I understand why Tyron don't want to sell  game on steam, for me investing money in game development is better then sharing it with steam. But I heard few times about people having problems buying game, some resigned. Maybe keys can be sold in few more places with more variety of payment methods? like https://www.eneba.com/ or ebay or amazaon? Gog maybe?

Now the main problem is to buy the game in the ru-region, for obvious reasons. As far as I know GoG, Ebay, Amazon and many other services are also not available or only partially available. Steam somehow works, but I doubt that is really a good reason why the game should be there

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT

On 5/14/2022 at 3:45 AM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Now the main problem is to buy the game in the ru-region, for obvious reasons. As far as I know GoG, Ebay, Amazon and many other services are also not available or only partially available. Steam somehow works, but I doubt that is really a good reason why the game should be there

I hear of some polish people having problems buying it because, not every one has credit card. Some resigned. Sorry, but Russia sanctions are something that we don't have any impact. We need to end of war first. I think Russian people will understand the situation when their Ukrainians brothers are dying, support the world peace, and wait for game a bit.

4 hours ago, Rhyagelle said:

If it goes to Steam in the future, that's cool, but if that comes to be, I hope they don't stop selling here or on HB. Steam games tend to be more expensive and if I understand it right, developers earn less due to the cuts, too. 

As far as I know, Steam has price limits when selling on other services. You can't just sell for more there

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.