Homesteading part 2 & Combat update, stabler finetune (1.16.2 / 1.16.3)

Tyron

Dear Homesteaders
v1.16.2, a stable release, can now be downloaded through the account manager.

This release fixes some more minor imbalances, performance leaks, crashes, annoyances and other loose ends in 1.16.1. Should be particularly helpful for server owners who had their server crash on a daily basis.

[Edit:] Also released 1.16.3 as I forgot to include a multiplayer crash fix for sleeping in beds

2022-02-01_15-59-05.thumb.jpg.dc8ffed7debb4d34a41f9f1f096c35b9.jpg
Screenshot by setne550#8946

Game updates since 1.16.1

• Tweak: Reduced knockback by 50% when in-mid air. Should avoid cases of huge knockback.
  • Tweak: Disabled VSync by default
  • Tweak: Fix potential performance leak in entity physics
  • Tweak: Wallpaper item in inventories no longer rotates on mouseover
  • Tweak: Added platform specific test for disk free space, should hopefully make the server not start when low on disc space, as intended
  • Tweak: Massively reduce CPU usage for empty vintage story servers under Linux (12% => 1.7%). Should also generally reduce game server single core cpu usage by 3-5% (single core percentages)
  • Tweak: Mitigate heavy server lag (above 0.4 second ticks) by running entity physics at a slower rate
  • Tweak: Added /debug clrplrinv command to delete a players inventory on connect
  • Fixed: Unecessarry overall performance drain in the shader in 1.16 (31 -> 34 FPS in a heavily forested area)
  • Fixed: Overlapping text in the crash reporter on 1080p screens
  • Fixed: More liquid movement issues
  • Fixed: Rare exception thrown in the server logs
  • Fixed: Server exception spam with hacked locusts
  • Fixed: Should fix unable to get out of water in some cases
  • Fixed: Server crashing when placing mushrooms with worldedit
  • Fixed: Should hopefully fix another stackoverflow exception
  • Fixed: Crate contents not updated client side when using chutes
  • Fixed: Black flicker on the client twice a day, at 12:00 and 0:00
  • Fixed: Game crashing on invalid contents inside liquid containers
  • Fixed: Multiplayer mod downloader not scrolling correct and crashing to desktop when there's many mods to download
  • Fixed: Fruit trees correct color on map, no longer white
  • Fixed: Pullets and cockerels no longer grow larger than adult birds
  • Fixed: Stackoverflow Exception / Server Freeze caused by Multiblocks
  • Fixed: Ewes forever milkable
  • Fixed: Incorrect daily temperature variation
  • api fixed: uContents and incontainer translation keys not respecting domain,
  • api fixed: uContents quantity attribute not applied
  • api fixed: Propick crashing when adding new rock strata blocks to an existing world

Changed since 1.16.2-rc.1 (also listed above)

• Tweak: Added /debug clrplrinv command to delete a players inventory on connect
  • Fixed: Should fix unable to get out of water in some cases
  • Fixed: Server crashing when placing mushrooms with worldedit
  • Fixed: Should hopefully fix another stackoverflow exception on the server
  • Fixed: Crate contents not updated client side when using chutes

View full record

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

7 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Tree branches that are cut do not regrow in nature

The apple tree in my front yard would disagree vocally with that claim, were it able to speak :PIt gets pruned down to like half its size every spring, taking off two thirds of the volume of its branches, and still somehow manages to be larger by the end of the year than it was at the end of the year before. It's actually a recommended measure for apple trees.

Still, reality is not always the best game design paradigm. Maybe they intentionally do not regrow to limit the amount of new fruit trees a player can plant over a given timespan. Or maybe it's a bug/not fully implemented yet. Time will tell, I guess.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:00 PM, redram said:

To the best of my knowledge, the *intent* is for them to regrow.  So probably either a bug, or a feature that just didn't get implemented yet.

The tree branch i broke of a tree seems to have grown back, will break it again to see if it grows again

the trees seem a bit buggy, i got a message saying it will take -2 days till it flowers or something and i got zero fruits the first year but suddenly after winter they are growing 

idk if the update did it

Edit: i dont think it grew back actually, the tree grew back leaves but its smaller now 

Edited by baba

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.