Ukraine Announcement on a Game forum?

UGB76765

"Dear Players,
the Team at Anego Studios are appalled by the war happening in Ukraine. We've decided to donate the revenue from all game sales until March 6 to a Charity that will provide support for the people in Ukraine. Thank you and godspeed, Ukraine. (27th Feb 2022)"

On a Grand scale what is going on is the birth of a Multipolar World, and the last gasp of a dyeing empire, not a morality tale.

This announcement smells like propaganda on a game forum, not care for the people in Ukraine. Are you also appalled at endless warmongering across the globe over the past hundred years? Where is the banner statement on Yemen, Palestine, Syria, Ethiopia, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc etc etc. Millions of deaths, forced starvation, genocide, etc.. all to maintain hegemony over the globe and its strategic resources.

They tout "Democracy" only because it can be Easily Corrrupted and Bought off by them. "Freedom" and "human rights" are used as tools to subjugate populations into their Finacialized world. Where more and more, have less and less. The Global financial elite are the problem.

Ukraine is the victim of NATO. We should support all citizens across the globe to choose their governments free from being corrupted and exploited. Everyone deserves to live a dignified life, benefiting from the fruits of civilization.

Want to be the Light on a Hill? Lead by Example. Help the populationas of the world prosper. Dont kneecap it every chance you get.

End of rant.

Edited by UGB76765
typos
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, UGB76765 said:

Ukraine is the victim of NATO. We should support all citizens across the globe to choose their governments free from being corrupted and exploited. Everyone deserves to live a dignified life, benefiting from the fruits of civilization.

I didn't know NATO invaded Ukraine... must check my sources of information...

On a more serious note: 

1. Ukraine chose Zelensky as a president

2. Ukraine chose to become independent from Russian control

3. Russia chose to become offended

4. Russia chose to attack Ukraine

Sorry but days of Russian hegemony in central and east Europe are gone. They just didn't notice it.

• Like 10

General opinion:
I would prefer gaming to be apolitical. Games are used by most people to escape grim reality. So I'm not really fond of political messaging in gaming (or any form of entertainment really). Game studios can of course do with their revenue as they please. And I value the transparency as well.

In conclusion:
I don't know what's best, but remember politization always means division. Some will get offended. Some will stop playing the game.

I 100% support Tyron decision. Ukraine was attacked by Putin and people are suffering because he wants to build empire. There are Ukrainian Vintage story players too. We should stay strong together as community.

And please check information before posting, Ukrainian support their president, they want to be in NATO and UE. In Poland many Ukrainian men are coming back to fight for Ukraine, my team just lost 3d artist as he need to go back to his country, I hope he will be back safety.

• Like 5

You don't understand what democracy is. somehow the corruption index is inversely correlated with the level of economic and personal liberties.
The democracy index, the wealth index, the economic freedom index, the corruption index - it's almost always the same map. When the law is clear and simple, there is no one to pay or what to pay bribes. It is in autocratic countries that the greatest corruption takes place, from the highest echelons to petty officials and the police. When, instead of a simple law, everything depends on someone's arbitrary decision, bribes become grease for the economy, without which it cannot function. Nothing can be dealt with normally, it takes a lot of effort to overcome difficulties that do not exist in "normal" countries.
The tripartite division of powers is a great civilization achievement, unfortunately it does not exist in every country. With corrupt and politicized judgments, the average person is doomed to someone else's grace and disgrace. When the truth and justice doesn't count, then only acquaintances, agreements, favors, and bribes can guarantee sucess.
The Russians do not understand democracy, maybe the young do, i dont want generalize or blame all, but the post-Soviet mentality mixed with jingoism makes Russians look but not see. He does not see the real world, but its blurred image distorted by his prejudices.
I am surprised that anyone is surprised that the Ukrainians want to live in the real world, not in the world of delusion.

The list of people who could potentially become a puppet ruler in Ukraine, in the event of a victory for Russia, is a list of swindlers, thieves and midwives.

Edited by Laskuna
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Satras said:

politization always means division. Some will get offended. Some will stop playing the game.

We're not talking about "politization", we're talking about actual people suffering. People with names and lives and homes and friends and families. And if helping those people offends some, then they have a serious problem.

• Like 10

Thank you to everyone who supports my country.
Russia has invaded my land and is killing not only the military but also innocent people, including children (16 children have been killed so far).

For those who say it's politics and it shouldn't be in the games. It's not politicians, it's war, with real deaths. If you think it's better to keep quiet about it, to play your favorite game and isolate yourself from the outside world, I think you are a selfish and unworthy person. Would you also like the world to be silent about this when the army of an enemy country comes to your land?

I would like to thank Anego Studios for its financial support.

I will also be grateful to people who want to help my country financially.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/ - this is the site of the national bank of my country where you can find an account for help.

If you do not trust the source I dropped, I think you can easily find another way.

Thanks.

• Like 3

I also want to emphasize the dirty ways in which Russia is forcing its citizens to go to war. They took away the phones of the military and said that they were being taken to military training, brought to the territory of my country and forced to go into battle, kill civilians and capture cities. Almost every prisoner did not know that he was going to war.

This does not mean that they are not guilty. They are guilty, because the waters elected this government and tolerated their regime, they are guilty because when they get to my land, they still pull the trigger.

Edited by BeardVis

11 hours ago, Yeetiee said:

I didn't know NATO invaded Ukraine... must check my sources of information...

On a more serious note: 

1. Ukraine chose Zelensky as a president

2. Ukraine chose to become independent from Russian control

3. Russia chose to become offended

4. Russia chose to attack Ukraine

Sorry but days of Russian hegemony in central and east Europe are gone. They just didn't notice it.

Yes, you are right. I ask the author of the post @UGB76765 to fix this.

Russia under Putin's regime invaded my land.

NATO, the European Union and the USA are helping my country to cope with this.

1 hour ago, BeardVis said:

For those who say it's politics and it shouldn't be in the games. It's not politicians, it's war, with real deaths.

"War is the continuation of politics by other means."

- Carl von Clausewitz

I wish the best to you, your family and your country. Stay safe.

2 hours ago, BeardVis said:

Yes, you are right. I ask the author of the post @UGB76765 to fix this.

Russia under Putin's regime invaded my land.

NATO, the European Union and the USA are helping my country to cope with this.

Greetings from Poland. We believe in you and your cause. Also you have a really badass president ;)

• Like 1

I'm going to wait a bit.

In my country, (The US) everything they've said is a lie.

No, I don't know until later, and even then, I have to parse it closely to figure out what is the truth.

Basically, my opinion is that whatever is released is intended to help the tyrants. Rarely do the tyrants or the anti-tyrants actually give a damn about the real victims of tyranny.

• Like 1

I feel that Tyron should have kept the announcement on the discord, anywhere except a big banner at the top of the page. Even when the intention to help those who are suffering from the conflicts of war, it sends a mixed message to anyone who is just hearing about VS, slapping a political message in their faces. I think some people, despite the good intention, will dislike that.

Edited by Maid

I share the desire for games to be an escape from reality--nonpolitical.  There's a time for reality, and a time for recreation.

On the other hand, this really was not a divisive political message. Tyron made a generous humanitarian offer. He did not directly criticize Russia.  

It's disingenuous to say, "You can't help Ukrainian refugees unless you previously helped refugees from all other downtrodden countries in the world."   Then no one could ever help anyone.

It's also not anti-Russian to want to help Ukrainians who have been displaced by war or whose homes have been destroyed. Neither Russians nor Ukrainians are generally heartless, and they have much in common. I have to believe most Russians, even those who strongly support their own government, have sympathy for the victims of the war.

So to conclude, I applaud Tyron's generosity, and I have some far stronger opinions about this and many other political issues (which I will not share on this forum out of respect for the game and other members), but I really don't want VS to become politically divisive.  Let's please not go there.

• Like 4

I also feel strange looking at banner in game site, but...

If worl'd won't react to all happnening in Ukraine, there might be a time where nothing will matter anymore for other countries too. Today Putin thinks Ukraine should be neutral zone between Europe and Russia. Tomorrow he will think that those small countries like Latvia, Estonia or Lithuania shouldn't be there too. We have Russia and Belarus right by our side (I live in Latvia). Latvia has many russian speaking people here and Russia indirectly already has made some attempts to have an affect on our language rules or politics though the years. Next step could be telling that we are also attacking his nation for not allowing to learn kids using russian language at our schools so our country should be reoganized too.

I don't think we know all truth behind this and maybe by supporting Ukrain we will make all worse for ourselves. But gut feeling says this "mission" must be stopped so i trully support Tyron's decision.

Edited by Domkrats

I just have one question. How anyone here can be sure, what donated money will go to help real people in need, but not on propaganda, to buy more weapons or in someone's pocket? If you want to help, go to Ukraine and help directly. Rent a bus and bring bread to occupied people. Is it real now? Unreal. No one can help now from distance. Maybe after war will end. But now it's useless. All this donations just to make people who donated feel better. Maybe they will feel better. Not sure about it. I'm just against any kind of donations through someone's hands. I did donations. But directly to people in need. And in most cases it was not money. Or direct physical help, or food, or clothes. Or they asked for some amount of money to buy something and after they show me, what they bought. 

And another question is. If Ukraine will fall under Russian rule, will donated money reach people in need.

"We do not yet know, what kind of help will be needed the most. But together with organizations supporting Ukraine, we will provide support, where it is most necessary." 

They can buy weapons for your money and you will never know about it. 

Announcement just shows us, what VS team can't stand aside, while war arise. This is their right and their opinion. And they can post it anywhere they want on this site vintagestory.at. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Roman said:

I just have one question. How anyone here can be sure, what donated money will go to help real people in need, but not on propaganda, to buy more weapons or in someone's pocket? If you want to help, go to Ukraine and help directly. Rent a bus and bring bread to occupied people. Is it real now? Unreal. No one can help now from distance. Maybe after war will end. But now it's useless. All this donations just to make people who donated feel better. Maybe they will feel better. Not sure about it. I'm just against any kind of donations through someone's hands. I did donations. But directly to people in need. And in most cases it was not money. Or direct physical help, or food, or clothes. Or they asked for some amount of money to buy something and after they show me, what they bought. 

And another question is. If Ukraine will fall under Russian rule, will donated money reach people in need.

"We do not yet know, what kind of help will be needed the most. But together with organizations supporting Ukraine, we will provide support, where it is most necessary." 

They can buy weapons for your money and you will never know about it. 

Announcement just shows us, what VS team can't stand aside, while war arise. This is their right and their opinion. And they can post it anywhere they want on this site vintagestory.at. 

Just to be clear, we checked with the charity that the money is used for humatarian aid, not for weapons (or monetary transfers):

Thank you for your willingness to support Ukraine. In our case- we as a charity organization can not buy weapons. Right now we are focusing on purchasing and sending medical equipment to Ukraine.

I'll add that to the banner for clarification.

Beyond that, my stance is pretty much what @junawood already wrote.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, FortMark said:

Let's push NATO right up to Russia's border and ignore all their warnings. What's the worst that could happen?

Do you know that for example Switzerland is surrounded by NATO countries and nothing happens. It is called friendship and cooperation. I wish it for Russia too, peace not war. We could all live good together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 1:14 PM, FortMark said:

Let's push NATO right up to Russia's border and ignore all their warnings. What's the worst that could happen?

Just so we're clear, Estonia and Latvia (the latter of which is Tyron & Saraty's home) both border Russia directly, and both have *already* been part of Nato since 2002.  It's roughly the same distance from Latvia's border to Moscow, as it is from the Ukraine's border to Moscow.

• Like 1

2022/3/2日上午5:06,Irulana说:

你知道吗,例如,瑞士被北约国家包围,什么都没发生。这被称为友谊与合作。我也祝愿俄罗斯平安,而不是战争。我们都可以一起过上好日子。

All of us were witnesses to the war in Europe that NATO unleashed against Yugoslavia.There was a major military operation involving bombing strikes against Belgrade.It did happen without any sanctions by the UN Security Council.It is an unfortunate example, but it is a hard fact.

2 hours ago, skam said:

All of us were witnesses to the war in Europe that NATO unleashed against Yugoslavia.There was a major military operation involving bombing strikes against Belgrade.It did happen without any sanctions by the UN Security Council.It is an unfortunate example, but it is a hard fact.

And it helped end this pointless war. Balkan war is not invasion of one country to another like Russia attacking Ukraine. It was between many nations, it was complicated,  hard to understand what was going on even to us In Europe. We are very happy that now there is peace and every country involved still exist. Putin officially said that he don't recognize Ukrainians as separate nation and want's to take their land, kill all who resist. Poland fought with Russia few times, it was occupied by them many years we hope the Ukrainians will win, as if it loose Poland and east Baltic countries are next on Putin list.

• Like 2