Sign in to follow this  
chromatom

too much grinding

i spent hours and hours and i'm still stuck in the stone age. i'm not sure if i do something wrong, but 900 units of copper to make an anvil???

...and a hammer and a saw  ... just to build a simple bukket for placing water?

are you kidding? what's wrong with you? how many time do you strange people have to play those games?

please give some config-options to reduce this, or i can't play the game anymore.

and by the way: please give an option to reduce the nighttime. actual it's not much more than wasting time.

i really want to love it, but that's too much grinding.

• Like 1

Make a pickaxe and a hammer. When there are copper rocks on the surface, there is always copper ore underneath. With a bed, you can sleep half the night.

Actually, the fastest way to proceed would be to make a pickaxe and a hammer (both 100 units). Then go back to where you found the copper nuggets on the ground and dig down, you'll find a copper deposit, mine it all then break the ore into nuggets with the hammer and with luck you'll have more than enough for an anvil AND a saw. Then its on to the bronze age. There's nothing wrong with the game in my opinion, but there's a lot you currently need to figure out on your own, which takes time, especially in single player. Playing on a server with other players helps because they can answer all your questions and share resources with you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chromatom said:

please give an option to reduce the nighttime.

Configurable night length is planned, eventually.

• Like 1

Please do not forget that this game is still in an Apha phase and even though playable, it is still in development. 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:21 PM, redram said:

Configurable night length is planned, eventually.

Soon, I hope. 14 hours per day is waaaaayyy too much.