Spooktober update (v1.17.7, v1.17.8)

Tyron

Dear Extraordinary Survivalists
v1.17.7 & 8, a stable release, can now be downloaded through the account manager.

Unrack your chisels and dig into your food storage. It's pumpkin carving time!

[Edit:] Also released v1.17.8 to fix a texturing issue with pumpkins, fix a crash with chiseled blocks and to make the handbook pause toggle-able

2022-10-11_18-04-55.thumb.png.912f282bec2474041c48f3d0db0e1ffb.png

Game updates

• Feature: Can now chisel pumpkins in (the real life months) October and November. Includes a glowy chisel material for extra spook.
  • Tweak: The game now pauses in singleplayer when opening the handbook
  • Tweak: Game now logs available system ram on startup
  • Tweak: Reduced peridot deposits by 66%
  • Tweak: Randomly rotate texture on sand
  • Tweak: Added a link to clay on the pottery guide page
  • Fixed: Fruit trees no longer updating correctly upon world/chunk reload
  • Fixed: Multiple visual issues with fruit trees (thin branches not wood typed, thick branch ends looked cut off, thick branches had not frost overlay, floaty up facing thin branches)
  • Fixed: Should mitigate a crash on corrupted chunks
  • Fixed: Player getting kicked / server exception if right clicking a trader while the frame profiler is enabled
  • Fixed: -i command line arg not working
  • Fixed: Pulverizer dropping 0 sized stacks in some cases
  • Fixed: Slabs turned to chiseled blocks can no longer be expanded in size
  • Fixed: Underground lake schematics generating without water
  • Fixed: Linux install.sh: Create .local/share/applications folder if it does not exist
  • Fixed: Should fix a client crash related to fruit trees
  • Fixed: Might fix teleporters not working on low server tick rate
  • Fixed: Perishable information not displayed for perishable liquids, such as milk
  • Api Fixed: ModMaker not correctly prefixing game: to vanilla file paths

View full record

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 7

On 10/12/2022 at 12:48 PM, Tyron said:

Feature: Can now chisel pumpkins in (the real life months) October and November. Includes a glowy chisel material for extra spook

I think it might be nice to have that even outside spooky season, for people to prepare stuff in preparation throughout the year.

Other than that, is there a rough estimate on how many subversions 1.17 will probably have?

6 hours ago, Hal13 said:

I think it might be nice to have that even outside spooky season, for people to prepare stuff in preparation throughout the year.

Other than that, is there a rough estimate on how many subversions 1.17 will probably have?

Until its done. Why do you ask?

i absolutely agree pumpkin carving shouldn't be only available for real oct & nov

if you have pumpkins, why not be allowed to carve them whenever? or at least only restrict them to the in-game spooky months

but i don't think they should be permanent light sources like minecraft. pumpkins rot.

• 1 year later...

I wanted to carve a pumpkin SO bad. Then understood the fine print. Only in "Real life months".

DARN IT!

Yes, I know that there are mods to do this. Was hoping I wouldn't need one.

Guess I'm off to get Dana's Tweaks.

Still one of the best games. Thanks Devs. 😁

10 hours ago, Manimal said:

I wanted to carve a pumpkin SO bad. Then understood the fine print. Only in "Real life months".

DARN IT!

Yes, I know that there are mods to do this. Was hoping I wouldn't need one.

You could try adjusting the date on your computer's calendar, since I'm assuming that's what the game probably checks to figure out whether or not to enable the special pumpkins. Assuming it works, you'll just have to remember to fix the date whenever you're done playing if you want the correct date displayed.

On 6/28/2024 at 8:40 PM, LadyWYT said:

You could try adjusting the date on your computer's calendar, since I'm assuming that's what the game probably checks to figure out whether or not to enable the special pumpkins. Assuming it works, you'll just have to remember to fix the date whenever you're done playing if you want the correct date displayed.

I appreciate the suggestion. I went with Dana's Tweaks mod. Lets me carve pumpkins anytime.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.