WeaponPack- New Weapons, shields and bows.

Mr1k3

The weaponpack mods are a series of individual mods focusing on their own individual section of combat- melee, ranged, defense. The mods attempt to overhaul and/or improve existing mechanics in the game without straying too far from the vanilla style by offering modded weapons that are slightly better than their vanilla counterparts, this keeps vanilla things untouched most of the time and lets me have a lot more freedom with what I can do with the additions.
Heres my patreon if you'd like to support me: Patreon

Some important info:

Spoiler

Vanilla Changes-

WeaponpackAlpha does not change any vanilla items or values

WeaponpackBeta disables recipes for the vanilla shields since they are functionally obsolete, does not remove them though. Changes vanilla armor textures slightly

WeaponpackGamma re-works all arrow and bow damage, flips the bowyer requirement from being able to make re-curves to instead make longbows, re-curves are now the all-class ranged weapon type, longbow is now exclusive to bowyers. Changes vanilla recipes for bows, and currently overwrites the base game json for arrow items and entities. The mod is compatible with bullseye right now, but please check up on bullseye to ensure they are compatible in the future.

Balancing(PVP)-

WeaponpackAlpha should be balanced enough for use in PVP.

Currently, due to the massive difference between enemy damage scaling compared to player damage scaling it is impossible to balance the BETA pack for both PVP and PVE, as such the WeaponpackBeta is not recommended for use in PVP servers due to this. A solution to this would require a complete re-balance of health and damage across the game to work with both, or a complete rework of the shield system.

WeaponpackGamma makes huge buffs to ranged weapons, increasing their damage a lot. While still having drawbacks they may be considered very strong in PVP, though this is heavily based off of the armor/lack of armor you are using in combat. Use in PVP settings at your own discretion.

WeaponPackAlpha:

Spoiler

Weaponpack alpha currently adds 24 new weapon types; most with multiple metal variants. Also it attempts to fix the struggles of the current combat system, including new ways to defeat armored players in PVP.

The weaponpack mods are a series of individual mods focusing on their own individual section of combat- melee, ranged, defense. The mods attempt to overhaul and/or improve existing mechanics in the game without straying too far from the vanilla style by offering modded weapons that are slightly better than their vanilla counterparts, this keeps vanilla things untouched most of the time and lets me have a lot more freedom with what I can do with the additions.

This mod changes swing sound/throwing sound with a "swoosh" to make melee combat feel a little better.

All weapons are given a breakdown in the handbook guide for AWP, in there you will be able to see the statistics of each new weapon such as- Damage, Speed, Durability, Vs Armor, and what kind of swing delay weapons have.

TITLE2rescaled.thumb.png.90f1b2bbcdf16f537a0ad92032fedf32.png

New weapons-

(Listed by minimum age availability; from stone-steel)

Stone age-

Culaclula- A hardwood war paddle, fast and cheap- a great early game option.

Bone Club- A little slow but super cheap, deals decent damage for the tier

Bone trident- Long reaching option for primitive survivors, its pretty slow though.

Macuahuitl- High damage option for early game, but as usual that comes at the cost of a low durability.

Lead Club- A unique choice for lead collectors, this club can be casted for half the cost of a normal tool (50 units) and has an extremely high durability, but its slow.

Primitive Javelins- A throwing weapon. Not resource efficient but has the highest damage potential. The heads can be knapped from flint or obsidian, or crafted from bone. Stacks to 440, crafted in batches of 5.

Copper age- (casting)

Khopesh- Likely your first metal sword, can be casted from bronze as well. A somewhat high damage dealer.

Bush knife- Not really a weapon but more like a way better knife, uses only half an ingot per knife and they are able to break organic materials super quickly. They can do everything a knife can with extra durability, but they cannot be used in recipes that use normal knives.

Tachi- An early fast swinging weapon but its damage is lower.

Copper age- (anvil)

Warhammer- Slow, but has a higher than average damage and a really high durability.

Epsilonaxe- A slow but high damage dealer, has a lower durability though.

Spontoon- Spear replacement, cant be thrown but deals average damage at a 4m range. Slightly lower durability and speed than the average.

Mambele- A reusable throwing weapon, you get 2 per ingot. Very low durability but very high damage potential, gains some bonus damage when thrown.

Katar- One of the fastest weapons you can make, but also the lowest damage. Has a super high durability to counter that some.

Spike Dagger- A purely PVP weapon, the damage it deals completely ignores armor. To not make it crazy OP in PVP it is slow, short range, and has really low durability and damage.

Metal Javelins- A throwing weapon. Not resource efficient but has the highest damage potential. Stacks to 440, crafted in batches of 5, total javelin output is determined by metal tier.

Chakri- A throwing weapon. More resource efficient than javelins (2x the output) but they deal slightly less damage. Stacks to 880, total chakri output is determined by metal tier.

Bronze age-

Naginata- Fastest polearm option, but has slightly lower damage.

Warpick- Highest durability weapon type, but slightly lower damage. Average speed.

Spatha- Baseline option for bronze weapons, completely average stats.

Iron age-

Waraxe- Essentially a epsilon axe but these are made from iron+ metals.

Igorot axe- Second highest melee damage weapon with an average swing speed, but also the lowest durability.

Halberd- This thing hits like a truck with the highest damage of melee weapons, and it also has very high durability, but its also super slow.

Bastard Sword- Baseline option for Iron+ weapons, completely average stats.

Rapier- Katar like speeds but not as huge of a damage penalty at the cost to durability.

WeaponPackBeta:

Spoiler

Weaponpack beta adds new shields available in all tool metals, it also re-works shield protection, and changes recipes for the crude and blackguard shield.

shield2.thumb.png.8c24efb59c3e6a3dc4e72e4998169d95.png

All metal shields have a 100% chance to actively block, and a slightly increased chance to passively block. The crude wooden has a 90% chance and the crude bone has a 95% chance. Flat damage reduction has been increased for the metal shields and in general has been completely re-worked around the damage drifters deal.

From left to right is the new path of shield progression, you start with a crude wooden shield made from firewood and rope, you can add bones to improve it slightly, then when you get metal plates you can make metal-wood shields. Iron+ shields have the ability to use colored fabric instead of leather to add patterns to them, currently only has one pattern and two colors right now.

Blackguard shield has a reworked recipe, and the vanilla generic metal shields have had their crafting recipe disabled.

Also modifies armor textures slightly- the blackguard and forlorn set have had a misplaced texture on the right side of their helmet that I removed to fix it. Also I changed helmets to have a much darker visor hole, this is especially apparent on the iron armor set, essentially fixing the misaligned or strangely placed visor holes in plate armors:

arndrd3.png.38ef3c13ef23bd97c21ddc8067c65870.pngardc2.png.bd8fc1a3d349fe706244811b4476fc61.png

WeaponPackGamma:

Spoiler

Weaponpack gamma reworks bows, arrow damage has been increased and bow damage has been slightly increased too. Adds metal bows and two new arrow types. Works with bullseye.

bosdf2.thumb.png.b880a5c3a82cc4198580474e186f8821.png

Reworks bow progression- crude bow and arrows now are available to all classes, bowyers instead have access to a long-crude bow that is better than the standard crude bow. Also changed re-curve bows to the all class bow, and now the longbow is the bowyer trait exclusive.

Limb crafting has had a QOL pass, now needs some resin to make the staffs, they cure now instead of dry, and the time has been reduced from 144 hours to just 72. Also changes recipes of the re-curve and longbow.

You can now upgrade your bow with bronze+ metals, this improves their damage, and durability and are available up to steel in both long and re-curve variants.

Bows now have two new sounds that are much less harsh on the ears, new shooting sound, and a new arrow impact sound. Also, every arrow now shows their break chances in the description.

Two new arrow types-

Normal/vanilla arrow: Buffed damage compared to vanilla numbers, have a slightly larger hit-box, now only take 3 ingots to make the increased stack size of 72 arrows, but are otherwise unchanged. Best all-rounder arrow.

These new arrows can only be made from metals on the anvil and don't have crude versions-

Bodkin arrow: A small fast-flying arrow that has virtually no drop and deals extra damage, takes 3 ingots full stack of 96. However, the arrows hit-box is much smaller than the standard arrow, and the break chances of these are much higher.

Broadhead arrow: A large and heavy arrow that has a huge hit-box making things much easier to hit, and their heavy design make them far less prone to breaking, takes 3 ingots for a full stack of 48. The heavy design also makes this arrow drop out of the air much faster, so the arrows don't fly far and you need to aim much higher than your target, and since it flies slower it deals slightly less damage than the standard arrow.

Downloads:

Alpha- https://mods.vintagestory.at/weaponpackalpha

Beta- https://mods.vintagestory.at/weaponpackbeta

Gamma- https://mods.vintagestory.at/weaponpackgamma

Old versions (alpha):

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 5
  • Cookie time 1
  • Mind=blown 3

57 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I think the metal texture on the meteoric halberd's messed up? Same with the meteoric longblade. But I'm in 1.13, so...

Yeah that metal does not exist in 1.13, might also break recipes in 1.13 since the anvil crafting area was increased. Not really planning a back port though since 1.14 is so close to release and the mod is balanced around the new 1.14 metals.

• Like 1

I'm no modder but I can edit stuff and I've edited my pine tree files to produce resin 15% of the time instead of 1-2% to compensate for this mods changes.

The files for the trees are in Vintagestory\assets\survival\worldgen\treegen and the lines are         

otherLogBlockCode: "log-resin-pine-ud",
otherLogChance: 0.01,

like I stated though I only know how to make these changes for myself and can't produce a mod, perhaps I'll learn to make a more resin producing mod

6 hours ago, Minnigin said:

I'm no modder but I can edit stuff and I've edited my pine tree files to produce resin 15% of the time instead of 1-2% to compensate for this mods changes.

The files for the trees are in Vintagestory\assets\survival\worldgen\treegen and the lines are         

like I stated though I only know how to make these changes for myself and can't produce a mod, perhaps I'll learn to make a more resin producing mod

I think we need to change the mechanics of the grown pine trees so that they can spawn rubber blocks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Minnigin said:

1 hour ago, Jeremy Wise said:

We need a tap to stab into player planted trees trunks so we can farm resin.

I got that out fast since I already had the work done for another mod, but now I've included in this post the more resin mod, this mod just lets you craft resin from a knife and a pine log in the crafting grid, just a temporary workaround for now. Hope that helps with the resin requirement, I appreciate any feedback.

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

Hey, I've run into a mild issue. I've got Primitive Survival installed and I can only make stakes, not small hafts. Could you change the recipe a little bit so it's compatible?

Okay I've made some changes to the recipes, mainly that the tool haft recipes are not shapeless anymore this should hopefully fix your issue if it still does not work please let me know. Also I've made some balance changes to the haft recipes so some should output more and they also have alternate recipes when you get a saw. Merged more-resin into the main mod so now you can craft pine logs into resin with a knife, the recipe is shapeless so you can avoid the pan/club recipe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gallus0Razielim said:

Billhooks could be a neat addition.

Also does this mod change the whole crafting grid to 4x4?

No, I was just demonstrating the recipes in a chest. The crafting grid is still 3x3.

A bone billhook could be a nice addition for earlygame weapons, that's were I think there are too few weapons currently.

Thanks for the mod, definitely prefer your model of the longblade to the one I've seen in so many videos on Youtube!

Another weapon you might consider is a composite bow (recipe to include bone, resin and other such things to make the bow part then combine with the appropriate flax or rope to make a string perhaps)?

Made some huge QOL tweaks in the 1.0.2 version, in addition to fixing the scythe recipe now flint/stone versions of tools no longer require the new haft items, you just use sticks like normal, you still need rope though witch can be gotten from cattails, twine, or vines. Now only the metal tools will need hafts, and you can also still use them to craft stone tools. Hopefully this makes the early-game more enjoyable, also hammers and saws were tweaked to use sticks and normal sized hafts because it was logical.

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 2

Neat mod, adds some variety to my armory.
I suggest you to add some blunt weaponry, like different kinds of maces, flaces, warhammers.
It would be cool too, if you add more combined weapons (poleaxes, picks, more warhammers) and ability to change their types of attacks. Like, switch tier and amount of damage depending on which part of the weapon you use for attack.
And, of course, more axes. Big, small, combined and etc.

P.s. In my opinion, heavy spear should be called pike. Idk, maybe you have way more different weapon classification than i thought, but i never heard about heavy spears, long spear always called pike, lance (if used by a cavalry) or simply spear.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 9:21 PM, Warlord Knight said:

will there be bladed weapon (sword) animations?

Yeah there was supposed to, 1.14 changed some names with the longblade to sword so I was referencing old animation names. Fixed it in the 1.0.3 version.

Here's another quick update, 1.0.4.

Added Russian translations thanks to ZigTheHedge!

Re-enabled long blade recipes but left all thier stats untouched, buffed the damage of early game weapons, now vanilla long blades overall preform worse than any weaponpack weapons of that tier, this is a less intrusive workaround for re-balancing the whole combat system by encouraging use of the new weapons and discouraging use of the vanilla one.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good mod, reminds me of some of the old TFC Additions, but I have some ideas for new weapons, for example, crossbow with any-metallic bolts, longaxe with additional damage to armor, warhammer or morgenstern which ignores armor completely, but do not have a lot of damage, and a chain-mace, with damage increasing more and more while player "spins" it, holding LMB

35 minutes ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

The propick recipe is vanilla and does not use ropes or handles.

An early recipe for the large handle, which is used to make copper spears, conflicts with the recipe for the regular tool handle.

You can craft the standard handles with 1 resin and over 2 sticks in a single slot, to make the large one you just need the 4 across two slots and the resin, its a bit confusing and I really need to redo the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do like this mod and the heavy spear has become one of my favorite weapons, however, I do not like how it has altered the recipe for stone tools.  Several times now I've been out on a gathering trip and broke my copper shovel or axe, went to make a flint one and have no rope or tool hafts and nothing around for it to make one or no inventory space to do so.  Then I have to just trot on bake home.  I also don't like wasting the resources of rope and resin on stone tools that break in nothing flat.  I think that you should reconsider modifying the basic tools and spears.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.