Choose your favorite theme for v1.15! Gasp!

Tyron

v1.15 Main theme  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to be the main theme of the upcoming version?

• The Ocean update (fish, fishing, boats, oceans)
    • The Lovecraftian update (giant creatures, the first main story event, alchemy, richer ruins)
    • The Combat update (shields, improved visual feedback, ranged mobs, tool/armor repair)
    • The Homesteading update (fruit trees, alcohol, improved meals, more animals, more crops, birds, animal leashes, pies!)
    • The Industrialization update (water wheel, low tech windmill, brick kiln, firepit overhaul, elevators?, more mechanical power blocks, conveyor belts, etc.)

This poll is closed to new votes

14 hours ago, redram said:

We have poultices for that now, which I'd imagine are much more efficient.

The honey ones require sulfur as well. Which makes them more expensive. For honey you just need a bowl. Also, right now the only alternative application for honey is jam, which has a quite low nutrient value for the input. So in conclusion, the best use for honey right now is gulping it down in extreme amounts for healing purposes.
Maybe make jam have healing properties as well to justify the input.

Edited by Satras
added idea
  • Like 1

Personally, I voted for the Lovecraftian update, mostly for the main story event! Scrolls and clothing are not enough to satiate my extreme hunger for LOAR. Giant creatures and alchemy also see like new and unique additions to the game, and buffing ruins would also be great!

Combat comes in at a close second, but objectively, it should probably be ranked higher than the lovecraftian update. Ironing out some of the issues with combat is probably best done before adding in giant creatures (assuming, of course, that they're things we are going to be fighting). Also, when I brought in my friend to play, a lot of his complaints were combat-related, particularly the weird pathfinding and hitboxes, and the lack of shields.

The other three options do have some great options in them (boats, more animals/birds, leashes and a brick kiln all sound wonderful), but I'm not *quite* as excited about them as the Lovecraft/combat update.

Looks like homesteading is going to win though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Satras said:

right now the only alternative application for honey is jam

You can also put it in meat stew and porridge. But yep, you can end up with too much honey pretty quickly and using it for healing is a way to get rid of at least some of it.

I don't need a boat or oceans first, but I want fishes!!!! Especially while exploring my world it can be useful to be able to fish or in the early game.
And I'm very happy to see that not so much people are missing combat. I like Vintage story so much because ist is diffucult to survive without vasting my time with combats.
Capturing wild animals in survival with rope/ traps/ cages to be able to get them in the homebase for husbandary would be fine.

It was very difficult to deside between Ocean and Homesteading....

Don't poll core gameplay features (combat) alongside content features (everything else). People will always vote for the content updates, and you'll never end up working on the core stuff.

Combat/movement overhauls need to happen alongside the content updates. This game still has a massive "clunkiness" problem, as every person I've showed it to has complained about the combat and movement feeling bad, despite the rest of the game being great.

• Like 12
  • Amazing! 1

14 hours ago, cat said:

Don't poll core gameplay features (combat) alongside content features (everything else). People will always vote for the content updates, and you'll never end up working on the core stuff.

Combat/movement overhauls need to happen alongside the content updates. This game still has a massive "clunkiness" problem, as every person I've showed it to has complained about the combat and movement feeling bad, despite the rest of the game being great.

Have to agree. I prefer literally anything else to the combat update because you know new stuff, but the unrefined combat frustrates me way more than say, the lack of fish or fruit trees.

• Like 4

On 12/7/2020 at 8:18 AM, cat said:

100% this. There needs to be combat update in order to effectively add most new things in, even new animals. Should be worked on independently to content.

• Like 4

I feel after about a months gameplay Vintage Story quickly turns into a glorified builders game, all difficulty is removed and the additions of the patch doesn't really do anything for that.

Sure I could go check out the new mobs but after being so established (Looking at severs) there's not much point to any adventuring, My personal interest in this game was the fact it seemed to be a difficult game from the get go (Like certain minecraft mods) and extremely beautiful.

I wasn't let down either, early game is very rewarding to play, getting set up and moving into 'lategame' but now I can hardly pull myself to play the game, it's just going to be stockpile these new materials that don't do anything, make stronger weapons and amour that once again wont really change anything or make more food.

The odd part is the fact that I love building, but I can just load other voxel games with a wider range of decorative blocks whilst working on tech projects and the like.

What's the point in adding a new ways to keep a full belly when it can already be achieved?

I voted for combat for a difficulty spike, the lovecraft update would be my second.

The other 3 is just food, food and travel or automation of things that is most likely... food.

Sorry for the rant, I personally don't know the direction of this game and perhaps I had the wrong idea of that very same direction when I bought the game.

• Like 8

I'd echo cat's and others' views. Core systems such as combat should be completed independent of feature updates. While its nice to have new content and for example new animals and mobs, it doesn't make sense from a design perspective if combat hasn't been fleshed out. Without the core system implenmented it limits how these creatures can attack/interact with the player.

So I would say my vote goes to combat, so that more interesting content can be built ontop of that system. It may be boring, but its needed.

• Like 8

Love this game, but can't ignore Adrastos point of view. Game is great at everything it's doing, but something is missing in the core.

I am starting to make some piles of materials. Making food not because i need it to survive, but only because already made one spoils or vegetables have grown.
Adventures to caves are fun, but except teleports, everything else found there usually is good for builders or rare things collectors.

Made windmill, but can't find motivation to finish helve hammer, as all bronze weapons/tools i have, pretty much make me strong enough against all threats (1.14 locusts havent met yet, so dunno about them).

I am still playing, and sure will continue, but i can't explain what is i am missing. 

Writing all this, i would possible now better vote for Lovecraftian or Combat, so there would be more creatures and need for strong metals/weapons etc.

And undersand me correctly, no rant here as well. Just wondering will adding more to homesteading (which i voted myself) will help deal with this feeling. Especially, as i undestood from one recent video about servers, having too much animals, make server performance much worse. So many animals are good, but maybe for solo. But then again - why one player would need so many food and recources if he is O.K. with what he has atm?

Edited by Domkrats
  • Like 4

On 12/7/2020 at 7:18 AM, cat said:

I so agree. When Minecraft had their combat revamp update 1.9 it was a feature I didn't know I wanted but was extremely happy to get. It's really a shame they nerfed the combat to be easier in that game again.

I voted for the combat just because I want the combat to be good in close quarters, spears are fun but that's all in this game and you have to have 4 of them to kill efficiently.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2020 at 8:52 PM, Tyron said:

Dear Community,

now as v1.14 is around the corner its time to decide what we'd like to do in v1.15. What is your favorite pick?

Disclaimer: Poll results are no guarantee that all of the advertised features will be in v1.15. The VS Team still reserve the rights to make the final decision on what to add next. That being said, community poll results usually have strong weight.

please do something like a smart moving. Very necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think, clothing crafting / rugs-tapestries-linnen-stuff; might still be of more use. Can't even make crude animal-pelt capes or fur-lined clothing for the winter. Even a single ingot limited Smith's Forge for some basic elemental Iron Casting would be neat. (yeah yeah would need Cope & Drag still)

Its possible; that while every update should include some crafting goodies - mabey it should also have a new gameplay element?

e.g. Whatever happened to the Treasure Maps idea?

What about having...instead of annother sell/buy item-NNN Merchant....a Gambling Cardshark? Place a bet/ante with a Item/Block - and place your bets, if you dare! Easy gears right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.